FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
52nd Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea
21st – 24th August 2019
The Societas Linguistica Europaea (SLE) and Leipzig University are pleased to announce the “52nd Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea (SLE 2019)”, to be held in Leipzig, 21st – 24th August 2019, and would like to invite you to submit workshop proposals for the conference.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Workshop proposals must contain:
- a description of the topic and research questions (between 900 and 1.100 words).
- five keywords
- a (provisional) list of workshop participants and their provisional abstracts (max. 300 words per abstract); at least 8 abstracts for a short workshop, at least 13 abstracts for a long workshop. It is advised to submit 2-3 more.
The format of the workshops will be organized around 20 minute slots (20 min. presentation, 5 min. discussion, 5 min. room change). Workshops will contain either 10 or 15 slots (1 or 1.5 days). Each workshop comprises:
- an introductory paper by the convenor(s) or by a keynote speaker, which summarizes previous research, specifies the approach(es) to be taken and sets the scope of the papers to be presented.
- eight papers (1 day) or thirteen papers (1.5 day).
- a slot for a final discussion on the topics covered by the papers, methodological issues and questions for future research.
Further details can be discussed with the SLE Conference Manager (email@example.com).
Workshop convenors are encouraged to announce their proposal on the conference website (please send it to the conference manager firstname.lastname@example.org) and on the LinguistList as a session of SLE 2019 (for detailed instructions how to do it, see below), as well as other fora on the linguistic area of the workshop.
Workshop proposals must be submitted as one file in pdf and be sent to the Conference Manager (email@example.com).
ATTENTION: The deadline is 20th November 2018. Notification of acceptance/rejection will be by 15 December 2018. After a workshop proposal has been accepted, the convenors will be requested to invite all preliminary workshop participants to submit their full abstracts in Easychair before 15 January 2019. The link for workshop abstract submission will be available in the Third Call for Papers or general call (published by 15 December). Accepted workshop proposals will be published on the conference webpage. Other authors interested in the workshop may submit their papers to the workshop at the conference general call. Finally, all the abstracts submitted to the workshop at the general call will be reviewed individually by the Scientific Committee and the workshop convenors.
Chair of the local organising committee: Martin Haspelmath (Leipzig), firstname.lastname@example.org
SLE Conference Manager: Olga Spevak (Toulouse), email@example.com
SLE Treasurer: Lachlan Mackenzie (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam), treasurerSLE@gmail.com
How to announce a Workshop on the Linguist List:
Go to linguistlist.org and select: “Conferences” > “Submit conference info” > step 1: select August 2019 > submit > step 2: select “52nd Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea” > at step 3: Enter information, go to Session information and click on “Add session”. Fill in the required fields, upload your proposal by clicking on “Add session call” and submit.