Best presentation Awards SLE 2018
Best paper presentation by a postdoctoral researcher
- First prize. Karolina GRZECH: Sounds like an adverb? Morphosyntactic properties of ideophones in Amazonian Kichwa.
- Second prize. Éva DÉKÁNY, Katalin GUGÁN and Orsolya TÁNCZOS: Khanty relative pronouns and the clauses that contain them.
- Third prize.
a) Nele OTS and Piia TAREMAA: Processing spontaneously spoken language: the interplay between phonetic, syntactic, and pragmatic cues in Estonian.
b) Ksenia SHAGAL: Towards a typology of participial systems.
Best paper presentation by a Phd student
- First prize. Stefano DE PASCALE, Stefania MARZO and Dirk SPEELMAN: Token-based Vector Space Models as semantic control in sociolinguistic research on lexical variation.
- Second prize. Nina JULICH-WARPAKOWSKI: Are Motion Metaphors for Music Low in Metaphoricity? A Rating Study.
- Third prize. Florian MATTER: Gliding into a smaller inventory: A reanalysis of diphthongs in Bernese German.
Best poster presentation
- First prize. Matthias URBAN: The linguistic prehistory of Northern Peru: the case of Chachapoyas
- Second prize. Irina KHOMCHENKOVA: Marker -ge in Hill Mari: is it really a comitative?
- Third prize. Stepan MATEJKA and Filip SMOLIK: The validity of a parental-report measure of grammar in Czech: acquisition of verb and noun forms